Tuesday 9 April 2013

Layout updates

Over easter I have been Placing my images into my InDesign layouts more and experimenting with composition of images. 

I decided to change the first page of each model's profile. At first I had the model's head shot image as the first introducing image and then another one on the opposite page, usually full length. I have now changed my mind and decided to have four small polaroid shots on the facing page to the head shot. I feel like this will present the client with a first hand comparison of how the model looks naturally and also how she looks when made up.It will give a fast view of the model and show her diversity and adaptability when shooting. 

I have also started on some of the other girl's profiles such as Hettie. Here is a copy of the first double page of her profile:




I have tried to keep the layout fairly simple as I don't want to distract too much from the images with graphics and text. I am really happy with my choice of head shot as it is a complete extreme to the polaroids and I think they contrast really well side by side. The polaroids however aren't the best. I don't mind the close ups but I am considering re shooting the full length ones as I would prefer to have a solid white back ground,I feel they don't look professional enough yet. 

Also for each model I have decided that I am going to include a story in each profile, so that each model looks like they have had a published editorial even if they are all advertised as the new faces in the industry. 

I have started experimenting with this in Alexa's profile:



 I feel like this editorial is still missing something but I will  keep working on it and am going to add some text to it also, possibly an interview with Alexa or with the photographer. I am unsure yet. 

I also want to start adding my own sketches and drawings into the magazine. For example I was thinking of roughly sketching up some flowers in white ink on black paper and adding them to the images of Hettie for editorial:



I havent't decided on the name for this story yet but I would like to add the flowers down the side of the first page, maybe on the right of hettie going onto the start of the other page. There will be further experimentation with this later on in my journal. 

I am happy with how the magazine is coming together and am really enjoying placing all the images together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment