Tuesday 30 April 2013

New model Shoot: Fleur

Recently I have been searching on Model Mayhem for models and came across Fleur Gascoigne's profile. Fleur is a 17 year old student based in Fareham. I was really keen to approach her to model for my agency as she has a very strong and distinctive look about her and as she is mixed race, would add some diversity to my agency. Her profile picture on the site was what first struck me:


This is an image a college photography student took of her a little while back. She has never modelled for much more than this and I could tell from this image that she would be good infront of the camera, I just hoped she had the confidence to go along side it. 

I contacted Fleur and she agreed to model for me. I then started to plan the looks for my shoot and the styling, keeping to the same structure of three different looks for the shoot. Fleur was rather difficult to buy for as she is a very small size six or a size four in clothes. I had to work with this as best as I could and managed to find some really good pieces that would not only fit her but compliment her also. 

The shoot was shot in a studio at university by a good friend and fellow student Hannah Farrell. Once fleur arrived we got started on the makeup. For the first look I wanted to just go for some thing natural and simple to compliment her skin tone. As she is quite young and also looks it, I kept the makeup for the other two looks quite simple, I just added a striking red lip for some shots and bright purple for others. I wanted a statement look for the styling chosen but nothing too dramatic on the eyes. 


As the shoot went on it improved by the minute and Fleur was producing some amazing shots. She became very comfortable infront of the camera and oozed confidence.



I am really happy with the images produced from this shoot and am really looking forward to laying them out in InDesign for Fleur's profile. I feel the shoot over all was very successful and well planned out, making it much smoother to shoot. If I was to re shoot Fleur at some point I would love to take a wider variety of beauty shots, perhaps to add to her portfolio as an aspiring model.









No comments:

Post a Comment