Sunday 7 April 2013

Model:Beth. Shoot analysis

Last week I did a shoot with a model I scouted in Starbucks, Beth. The shoot was conducted in Re:So and was planned to have a photographer and stylist helping me as part of my team. 

I had really high hopes for the shoot when planning as everything was in hand and organised. I had planned three looks for Beth the same as I had for the other girls, a natural look, and two more stylized looks.  

The shoot sadly didn't go to plan at all how I had hoped. As I wanted to shoot in the Easter holidays all of the team who had agreed to work with me weren't available on the day so I tried to conduct the whole shoot single handed. To add to the drama of the day, I arrived at Uni to rent out a location lighting kit and they were all booked out. 

So I went on to style the model, do the hair and makeup and shoot it myself using natural light. Once we began to shoot I noticed that Beth wasn't very comfortable in front of the camera, making it difficult to direct her. After showing her multiple images of pose inspiration and shot styles I had collected she got into the shoot a little bit more. 

When looking over the images at the end of the shoot I decided that they were not suitable to be used in my magazine and weren't to a high enough standard that I needed. I don't feel this was all the model's fault however, I just think the shoot became very unorganized and was too much for me to take on as one person. I am not confident enough with camera technicalities and knowledge to shoot in natural light and made an informed decision to scrap the shoot.

















No comments:

Post a Comment