Tuesday 26 March 2013

model scouting and shoot planning

As well as shooting a lot lately I have also been organising shoots for the coming weeks and scouting my own models for them. The other week I scouted a young girl called beth in Starbucks, Southampton. I was due to shoot her Saturday just gone (Sat 16th) but after much confusion I had to cancel the shoot and it is now rescheduled for Sat 6th April instead at RE:SO. Although Beth hasn't modelled much, I am confident that she she will be very photogenic and the shoot will go according to plan. Here is a shot of her I took in Starbucks and also her Facebook profile picture. The difference betwene the two is what makes me think she will be a good model:





Second recent shoot planned:
I have also been in touch with a friend of mine who is studying fashion styling at Solent University, Lora Foulsham. She is organising a fashion show for a designer named Sarina Mantle. Sarina has showcased previous collections at London fashion week and also Graduate fashion week and has agreed to let Lora organise a show and also shoot a look book for the collection. Lora approached me and asked if I would like to be the makeup artist for the look book and also to supply the model. By doing this I can tie the shoot in with my magazine as the model will be from my agency and I can feature the images in the issue also. Another bonus for collaborating with Lora is that I can also feature a written interview with Sarina herself. I am so excited for this shoot as I have been needing a key feature in the magazine as well as just the model profiles. This will be the exact content that the magazine needs to bump it up. It will also show a strong example of the agency's client base, that a new agency has collaborated with successful designers. 

Lora has sent me some of Sarina's sketches and ideas for the collection, along with some images of the makeup design she would like for the look book:

















Makeup inspiration










Sarina has asked that we use an ethnic model to fit in with her collection. So I have requested a girl named Desiree Laidler to model for it. 


Desiree modeled for Brighton Fashion week and is currently unsigned by any agency. Her name was passed on to me by previous director of Brighton Fashion week and friend, Bianca Richards. 
I am extremely excited for the shoot, we are scheduled to shoot on Monday 8th at RE:SO in the Marlands shopping center. 















No comments:

Post a Comment