Monday 18 March 2013

Shoot with Caroline

On Thursday I shot model Caroline Raymond with the help of Anni on photography and Sophie on styling. The shoot was at Solent University's vintage store RE:SO in the Marlands shopping centre. 

Here is an photo of the room we worked in on the day:


I was really excited to work in RE:SO as the room is very shabby chic styled and it has tall wooden panelled windows and walls. A perfect setting to shoot in. There were also vintage chairs, cups and saucers and stools too which we were allowed to use as props within our shoot. 

For this shoot Sophie styled all three looks for Caroline. The first was a black bandeau leotard for the natural shots and heels:


This outfit was perfect to start off the shoot with and gave strong visuals of Caroline's body shape and especially leg length. I also really loved that wall as the back drop for the shot. 

The second outfit was quite inspired by Missguided.com. They have a very edgy look to them and their models have a lot of attitude in their shots a persona and mould I thought Caroline could fit into well. This look was shot in disco pants, a crop top and a pair of Sophie's own customised sunglasses:


I think that by adding a range of attitudes and approaches to the model's profile it shows off their diversity and therefore they appear more employable to a wider range of clients. 

For the third look I wanted to make it very editorial and high fashion. I chose to go for a strong tailored look and informed Sophie of my vision. We both went by my Pinterest board I made for the look as a source of inspiration:

http://pinterest.com/chelseymae21/shoot-thursday-14th/


As you can see from my Pinterest page, key words for this look were:
-Bright
-Bold
-Colour
-Sharp
-Tailored
-Fierce

I feel Sophie got a really strong grasp of what I wanted to achieve and I was really happy with the outfit she produced for the shoot:




On this particular look I chose to change the lipstick half way through so there was a difference between the shots. Both lip colours go well with the outfit but I really wanted to incorporate the bright blue into some of the closer shots. The hair was slicked into a pony tail with a strong side parting and set in place with gel spray. I also wrapped a piece of hair around the hair band at the back so it wasn't visible. I feel the hair fitted well as it is a simple yet high fashion style. 

We also chose to incorporate another pair of Sophie's sunglasses for some of the shots in this look as it was an opportunity to advertise another pair. The glasses are plain white and customised with letters glued onto them reading "I spy with my little eye". 

Overall I am incredibly pleased with the images from this shoot. I have already began starting to organise the shots in the order they can be placed in the magazine layout and I feel this will be a strong spread in Caroline's feature. 

I have also learnt from this shoot that I highly benefit from using a stylist when shooting. It breaks down the amount of jobs for me in preparation for the shoot and brings someone elses's ideas into the concept which I love. I am really enjoying collaborating and the outcomes I am achieving in my work as a result of it.










No comments:

Post a Comment