Tuesday 12 February 2013

Further scouting and shoot development

Last thursday I shot another model for my agency, Frances Kenyon. For the shoot I collaborated with Suzan Kerlo, an aspiring nail artist and fellow student. 

Since the shoot I have been editing and retouching the images and have come across a couple of set backs. I don't feel like the images are strong enough for the agency. Fran was lovely to work with however it was hard to get the facial expression needed from her in the natural shots. I really needed some naturally confident and beautiful shots of her for her profile but it was a real struggle to get this. This made the selection process at the end difficult for me and I now feel I need to re shoot her to get the level of professionalism I require. An example of a shot I am unhappy with is:


This image is completely un retouched but the facial expression present in this image was present in a large number of others. In person Fran looked really good but on camera alot of the shots looked like she was frowning and didn't have very relaxed facial expressions. 

Another negative point I came across was difficulties with collaboration. I needed good natural shots from the shoot and the nail artist needed hand shots. However I feel I should have given more of my own input whilst shooting as a lot of shots ended up with hands in the the way of the neck etc, a key feature I need to portray as part of a model's profile. An example of this is:



By having the nails as an extra element in the shoot I feel the shots became too posed and didn't fit in with the criteria and brief I had planned. 
Although I have quite alot of negative feedback to say about the shoot I am happy with a couple of images and have retouched them slightly. They could possibly still be used in Fran's profile for the magazine but I think I need to seek further assistance in photoshop for perfecting the skin etc. I am hoping that with some more retouching the images will be usable.

Here are the images I have retouched so far, I will keep them on file until I can get extra help with them and have shot Fran again:





I think these images still have strong potential and when put with the shots from the next shoot with Fran I think they will flow well together.

The next shoot with Fran isn't scheduled yet but I have been getting a few ideas together on Pinterest for inspirational imagery that is assisting me with the brief development.

http://pinterest.com/chelseymae21/fmp-inspiration/ 

Key words and phrases for this shoot will be:
- Glowing skin
-Over highlighted
- Skin oils
- pale complexion
- Glossy
-Bold perfect lip
- Black and white (possibly).



No comments:

Post a Comment