Tuesday 12 February 2013

Progress and model #2- Frances Kenyon

In the past week I have been retouching the images of Alexa's shoots and planning future shoots also. On Friday I collaborated with photographer Zoe Rollings for one of her final major project shoots. The shoot was roller disco themed and featured two models. One of which being Rachael Heather. After talking for a while she spoke about how she isn't agency signed and is looking to extend her portfolio, so I recruited her to Mae's and she has agreed to shoot with me in the next couple of weeks. Here is a quick shot of Rachael from Friday's shoot and a couple of the final images:






Also, Whilst on my Estee Lauder training last week I managed to recruit another model named Gemma. Gemma is a part time estee lauder employee and I will be shooting with her in the near future.

Frances Kenyon
The second Model I will be featuring as part of Mae's Management and as part of Mae magazine will be Frances kenyon. I am planning on shooting Fran this thursday and will also be collaborating with Suzan Kerlo. Suzan is basing her final major project on nail art and will be doing Fran's nails for the shoot.

The shoot will be inspired by Rankin and also a past graduate student named Lara Himpelmann. This is a moodboard of the main inspirational images:


The top shot of the artist Robin is By Rankin. I love the colour build up and development in this shot and really want to take that on board when shooting with Fran. The three shots below are by Lara Himpelmann, a former student at Solent university. I really love how she improvises with craft materials such as the mosaic tiles on the neck of her model. I have bought some of the tiles for my shoot on fran to try and re invent the look and mix it with Rankin's image also.

I really feel fran;s face and facial features will tie in well with the look as she has quite a pixie looking face and bleached hair and eyebrows. This look differs from other models in Mae's and shows a good variety between the models. 

As well as this look I will be shooting beauty shots and full length shots of Fran for her model profile. After asking Clementine's advice on the shoot she gave me the following highly relevant points to consider:

-Do the beauty shots first (natural) and find her good side for them. Every model has a good side so it is good to find out which angle is best at the start of the shoot.

-When shooting the full length look, style her in leggings and a bandeau top or have her topless (discreetly of course). 

-Shoot from a low angle to make Fran appear taller than she actually is for her profile.

I found this feedback really useful and it made me more excited for the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment