Friday 15 February 2013

Logos and Layouts

As 'Mae's' is a new brand starting out, I need to actually start branding it. I have been in contact recently with a graphic design student at Solent, Joeseph Parker. He has agreed to give a helping hand with coming up with the logo for 'Mae's'. He has played around with some initial ideas and sent me over a sample he feels is the best and most relevant.


The middle logo is my favourite. I love how the letters are blended together. The type face is Didot, the same font as Vogue Magazine. I am hoping that this won't be an issue however as I do feel it is a very strong font for the fashion industry which is the market I am aiming the magazine towards. I am really happy with the initial designs that joe has come up with for me however I have asked him to change the word 'fashion' to 'Management'.I am glad that the logos are finally under way and am confident that they will be a strong label and representation of 'Mae's'. 

In preparation of the magazine, I have been rough sketching out some new ideas for the page layouts etc. The drawing below represents the first double page of the magazine. It will be the contents page for the models. The reader will open up the magazine and be able to browse over the image thumbnails of which model profile they wish to view. The number in the corner of each thumb nail will be the page number for that particular profile.



I am confident that this is a definite design for the first double page spread in my magazine. It has also helped me decide on the number of girls I want within my agency, eighteen. 

I have been thinking about other elements of the magazine layout also, and would like to add a personalised creative element to exude 'Mae's' personality as an agency. Graphics like this really catch my eye:



I want to make 2-4 page spreads consisting of editorials of the models and have graphics similar to the image above around them. Although the agency fits in with the typical model agency criteria by having edgy and original graphics like these it will portray it's own personality. It will be a different take on showcasing models within a new confident agency. 

I need to look further into layouts and graphics inspirations so I am more confident with placing each layout to each model. I also need to devise a solid ethos for 'Mae's Management' which will reflect the agency's aims, morals and objectives in the fashion industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment