Monday 25 February 2013

research and interning

The past week was spent interning at Leni's Model Management. I have interned there before and this was my second week working amongst the team. The week started with me working alongside Laure, she gave me a list of tasks for the week. These included running the agency's Instagram page for the week and updating it twice a day with regular posts, updating their pinterest account with images of their models from fashion week and re doing the head shot walls. 

Re doing the head shot walls really intruiged me as I have been wondering wether to have the main head shots of my models in colour or black and white. Laure at Leni's wanted to change the wall from black and white headshots to all colour. This has made me think that there isn't a boundary as to having to have a specific scheme for the head shots, they can be colour or black and white. 






Whilst working at leni's I picked up some examples of their current printed advertisements for the agency.



This is a selection of cards I photographed. They consist of comp cards of different sizes, a card to advertise and promote the agency within fashion week and a card sent out at new year wishing clients a happy new year. These are strong examples of published work within an agency. I feel my magazine will possess all of these qualities within one publication which gives it a high advantage within the industry. 

Also whilst at the agency I was asked to take Polaroid shots of the new models and models applying to be with the agency. The set up for the shots was simple, a white back ground and two beauty lights within the office. I found that by doing this on a regular basis and with some guidance from Eleni I was able to understand the different poses needed to gain a successful selection of Polaroids  This will help me tremendously with my shoots!

Keeping Polaroids in mind, I want to add them to each model's feature. I think this will show a really good variation between editorial shoots and natural effortless shots. I have always found it fascinating to see how the model looks naturally compared to her appearance in shoots and I think it will be excellent to have that comparison within my magazine.









No comments:

Post a Comment