Friday 3 May 2013

Model shoot: Jess Turner

The next shoot for my magazine is with a model named jess Turner. jess attends Solent university and is also signed with a modelling agency in London. I was hoping the images would be really good as she has had some experience from working with them. 



I was excited to work with Jess as she has similar looks to Lily Cole (I think). She also looks slightly different to the other girls in the agency so her presence and profile will add another element of diversity to the publication.

For this shoot I wanted to take advantage of Jess's pale complexion and blonde hair and build my hair/makeup ideas from that. 


Key words for makeup:

- Contour
-Blending
- Glowing 
- smoky

and hair:

-back combed
-wet roots
-fierce
-untamed





As a model I feel Jess could be good for a more commercial side of work as well as editorial. For example I feel she would fit well into high street brands such as; Miss Guided, Boohoo, Topshop etc. So I wanted to make sure I featured a look within her portfolio that promoted this aswell as high fashion. I decided for one of the looks to style her in casual summer clothes and accessories and make that part of the shoot really fun and bubbly and hopefully it would portray in the imagery:



I think this look worked well for it's purpose and adds a really good dimension to Jess's portfolio.

The third look was my favourite out of all with Jess,I chose to do a very sleek and smart outfit that would elongate her body in the images. I also used the makeup techniques mentioned earlier, strong blended contour mixed with a pale skin and luminous radiance:


I love this shot of Jess and and strongly considering using it as her profile image. It is striking and will be a goos contrast to her polaroid images.








No comments:

Post a Comment